SPONSOR: Contest sponsored and administered by Mike Priestner Automotive Group Ltd. o/a Go Auto, 10220 - 184 Street Edmonton, Alberta T5S 0B9
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is necessary to be entered into the Contest. An entrant may create an entry via information submission.
2. ENTRY PERIODS: Winnertime Contest (the “Contest”) commences on January 7, 2019 at 12:00:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on February 17, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. MT (the “Entry Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all Alberta residents who are the age of majority or older at the time of entry, except employees, representatives or agents (and (i) their immediate family members and (ii) those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of Go Auto (the “Sponsor”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, dealers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). In these Rules an “immediate family member” includes a spouse (including a common law spouse or adult interdependent partner), father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister, irrespective of whether they reside.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible entrants may enter the Contest up to a maximum of one (1) time during the Entry Period in the following way: during the Entry Period, eligible entrants may visit the following site https://www.goauto.ca/winnertime-2019 (the “Contest Entry Site”), follow the on-screen links, and instructions to complete the required details, and submit the entry form. An eligible entry is earned when the Contest Entry Site website servers record a completed submission form with all required information (collectively, the “Entry”). Proof of submission (such as a confirmation or “thank you” screen or message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of this Contest. All Entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will neither be acknowledged nor returned. The Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper for entry into the Contest.
5. ENTRY LIMIT: One (1) Entry per person during the Entry Period. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) submit more than one (1) Entry during the Entry Period; and/or (ii) use multiple names and/or identities to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt the Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible, damaged or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
6. VERIFICATION: All purported Entries and/or eligible entrants are subject to the Sponsor’s verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry, and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering the Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor’s clock.
7. PRIZES AND VALUES: There will be thirteen (13) prizes available to be won (each a “Prize”), consisting of the following, random draws for which Prizes (each a “Draw”) shall be on the dates set forth beside each Prize (each a “Draw Date”) and the value of which Prizes is set forth beside the applicable Draw Date:
|Prize||Draw Date||Prize Value|
|2 Edmonton Oilers’ Tickets (February 5, 2019 vs. Chicago Blackhawks)||January 31, 2019||$500|
|1 autographed Connor McDavid Edmonton Oilers’ Jersey||February 1, 2019||$500|
|1 Shell Gas Gift Card||February 4, 2019||$400|
|1 basic-level vehicle detail package at a Go Auto dealership||February 5, 2019||$250|
|1 Ruth’s Chris Steak House Gift Card||February 6, 2019||$400|
|2 eighteen hole rounds at Louis Estates Golf Course (Edmonton, AB).||February 7, 2019||$200|
|2 Carrie Underwood Concert Tickets at Rogers Place (May 28, 2019)||February 8, 2019||$500|
|1 “Ski Big 3” Lift Pass||February 11, 2019||$350|
|8 two-day multi-park passes at West Edmonton Mall||February 12, 2019||$400|
|1 one night stay at Fairmont Hotel in Edmonton or Lake Louise, AB||February 13, 2019||$450|
|3 Non-Synthetic Oil Changes at any Go Auto dealership||February 14, 2019||$250|
|12 Cineplex/Landmark theatres Movie Passes (Adult)||February 15, 2019||$200|
|$25,000 (by way of cheque payable to the Selected Entrant)||February 18, 2019||$25,000|
Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or assignable (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any Prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value. The winner of a Prize is not required to use his/her Prize toward payment of a vehicle or to pay-off a vehicle loan.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS OF WINNING: There will one (1) winner for each Prize, for a total of thirteen (13) winners. On each Draw Date, in Edmonton, AB at approximately 10:00 am MT, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by Draw (each a “Selected Entrant”) from among all eligible Entries submitted during that part of the Entry Period that occurs prior to each such Draw Date, in accordance with these Rules and not otherwise disqualified by the Sponsor. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received during that part of the Entry Period that occurs prior to the Draw Date for such Prize, in accordance with these Rules. For certainty, any Entry that is submitted on or after a Draw Date, will not be eligible to win (i) the Prize that is to be awarded on such Draw Date, nor (ii) any Prize awarded prior to such Draw Date.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: On each Draw Date, the Sponsor or its designated representative will make two (2) attempts to contact the applicable Selected Entrant by telephone (using the information provided at the time of submission of an Entry) within the 24 hours immediately following the applicable Draw. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted as indicated above; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries for the applicable Draw (in which case, the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such alternate Selected Entrant, with the necessary amendments).
10. WINNER CONFIRMATION: BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each Selected Entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification, the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms eligibility and compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of his/her Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of such Prize or any portion thereof; (iv) agrees to have his/her photo and/or video taken (each a “Photo and Video”) on a date and time and at a location specified by the Sponsor (in consultation with the selected entrant); (v) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, the municipality in which he/she resides, voice, statements about the Contest and/or Photo and Video or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity, promotion or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, television broadcast, or the internet; and (vi) verifies his or her identity as the Selected Entrant to the sole satisfaction of the Sponsor.
If a Selected Entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) his/her Prize (as awarded) for any reason; (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); and/or (e) fails to verify his or her identity as the Selected Entrant to the sole satisfaction of the Sponsor; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries for the applicable Draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such alternate Selected Entrant, with the necessary amendments).
11. EXCLUSIONS: Prior to the first day of the Entry Period, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, announce changes to the contest. Announcements will be made at https://www.goauto.ca/winnertime-2019
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for the failure of any Entry or any other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason, including weather, mail delivery disruption or unavailability, telephone or internet service disruption or unavailability, strikes, lockouts, or any labor dispute. Each confirmed Prize winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any taxes, if applicable, relating to the receipt of his/her Prize.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, problem, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, failure or any other cause that interferes with the proper conduct or administration of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules.
Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, is required to preserve the integrity of the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
Without limiting the permissions to be granted to the Sponsor pursuant to paragraph 10 of these Rules, by entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted for the purpose of administering the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right and, otherwise, without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying any entrant, Entry and/or compliance with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason whatsoever.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited, to point of sale, television, print, or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. RIGHT TO DECIDE, AMEND, CANCEL, SUSPEND: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest, or to amend these Rules, at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason whatsoever, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants.