SPONSOR: Contest sponsored and administered by Mike Priestner Automotive Group Ltd. o/a Go Auto, 10220 - 184 Street Edmonton, T5S 0B9.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is necessary to be entered into the contest. An entrant may create an entry via information submission.
2. ENTRY PERIODS: The Greatest Giveaway (the “Contest”) commences on July 9, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on September 3, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. MT (the “Entry Period”). The Early Bird Prize (defined below) entry period for the Contest commences on July 9, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on July 31, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. MT (the “Early Bird Entry Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all Alberta residents who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry. Specifically excluded from entering the Contest are: employees, representatives, or agents (and (i) their immediate family members and (ii) those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of Go Auto (the “Sponsor”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, dealers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). In these Rules an “immediate family member” includes a spouse (including a common law spouse or adult interdependent partner), father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister, irrespective of whether they reside.
4. HOW TO ENTER: An eligible entry (each an “Entry”) will be considered submitted when an eligible entrant completes and submits an online form at www.goauto.ca/greatest-giveaway, subject to compliance with these Rules including, without limitation, the Entry limits, and such Entry is received by the Sponsor within the Entry Period.
5. ENTRY LIMIT: One (1) Entry, per person, during the Entry Period. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) submit more than one (1) Entry during the Entry Period; and/or (ii) use multiple names and/or identities to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt the Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible, damaged or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
6. VERIFICATION: All purported Entries are subject to the Sponsor’s verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including, without limitation, government issued photo): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering the Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in the Contest will be the Sponsor’s clock.
7. PRIZES AND VALUES: There will be a maximum of five (5) early bird prizes (each an “Early Bird Prize”) available to be won. Each Early Bird Prize consists of one (1) framed autographed jersey of Connor McDavid and one (1) of Wayne Gretzky. The value of each Early Bird Price is $[●]. There will be a maximum of one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won. The Grand Prize consists of ground transportation, dinner, four (4) tickets to an Edmonton Oilers regular season home game and a fifteen (15) minute meet and greet with both Wayne Gretzky and Connor McDavid [after that game]. The value of the Grand Prize is [$30,000.00].
Each Early Bird Prize and the Grand Prize (each a “Prize”) must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or assignable (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute and/or modify any Prize, or component of any Prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value, without liability.
Entrant will also be solely responsible for any and all other incidentals, costs and expenses related to the Grand Prize not mentioned in these Rules, including but not limited to food, beverage, insurance and other personal expenses incurred. Travel arrangements for Entrant must be arranged between the entrant and the Sponsor. The entrant also acknowledges that should any complication(s) arise involving the transportation, including but not limited to delays or cancelations, the Sponsor is not responsible and the entrant is solely responsible for arranging and paying for travel back to their place of residence.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS OF WINNING: On September 4, 2018 (the “Draw Date”), in Edmonton, AB at approximately 10:00am MT, five (5) eligible Entries will be selected by random draw (each a “Draw”) for each Early Bird Prize from among all eligible Entries submitted during the Early Bird Entry Period in accordance with these Rules and not otherwise disqualified by the Sponsor, and one (1) eligible Entry will be selected by a Draw for the Grand Prize from among all eligible Entries submitted during the Entry Period in accordance with these Rules and not otherwise disqualified by the Sponsor. For clarity, the first five (5) Draws will apply for the five (5) Early Bird Prizes and the six (6th) Draw will be for the Grand Prize. Entries that are selected in a Draw (“Selected Entrant”) will not be included in any subsequent Draw. The odds of winning depends on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received during the Entry Period.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: On the Draw Date, the Sponsor or its designated representative will make two (2) attempts to contact each Selected Entrant by telephone (using the information provided at the time of entry) within the 24 hours immediately following the applicable Draw. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted as indicated above; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible Entry from among the remaining eligible Entries by way of a Draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant, with the necessary amendments).
10. WINNER CONFIRMATION: BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each Selected Entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within forty-eight (48) hours of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms eligibility and compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; (iv) agrees to have photos and/or videos taken of him/her (each a “Photo and Video”) on a date and time and at a location specified by the Sponsor (in consultation with the Selected Entrant); (v) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, the municipality in which he/she resides, voice, statements about the Contest and/or Photo and Video or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity, promotion or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, television broadcast or the internet; and (vi) verifies his or her identity as the entrant to the sole satisfaction of the Sponsor.
If a Selected Entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) his/her Prize (as awarded) for any reason; (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); and/or (e) fails to verify his or her identity as the entrant to the sole satisfaction of the Sponsor; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant, with the necessary amendments).
11. EXCLUSIONS: Prior to the first day of the Entry Period, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, announce changes to the contest. Announcements will be made at www.goauto.ca/greatest-giveaway.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Contest will be used for lead generation. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. By participating in the Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by these Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to forever release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all damages, injuries, death, loss, or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, whether directly or indirectly, by (a) entering and participating in the Contest, including any part related to the Contest, (b) the acceptance, possession, participation, use or misuse of any Prize and (c) any claims based on personality, privacy rights or defamation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest.
No responsibility or liability is assumed for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, traffic congestion, labour unrest, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
The Released Parties will not be liable for the failure of any Entry or any other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason, including, without limitation, weather, mail delivery disruption or unavailability, telephone or internet service disruption or unavailability, strikes, lockouts, or any labor dispute. Each confirmed prize winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any taxes, if applicable, relating to the receipt of a Prize.
Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Without limiting the permissions to be granted to the Sponsor pursuant to paragraph 10 of these Rules, by entering the Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted for the purpose of administering the Contest as well as marketing purposes. Please see https://www.goauto.ca/privacy to learn about the Sponsor’s privacy practices.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, point of sale, television, print, or online advertising, these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. RIGHT TO DECIDE, AMEND, CANCEL, SUSPEND: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, or to amend these Rules, at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including, without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, or for any reason whatsoever, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, including, without limitation, the cancellation of any method of entry or the extension or modification of the Contest start and end dates. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants.