Car a Day Giveaway at Go Auto
So, it’s time to find a new car but you’ve heard all the lines before. Free Trips. Free Gadgets. Free wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men...
Well, here is something you haven’t have heard before. Go Auto is giving away a Car EVERY SINGLE DAY for 30 Days. That’s right. From April 9th to May 8th, 30 lucky customers are going to have their lives changed by winning their vehicle purchase. This could be the best chance you will ever have to win a free car!
Congratulations to Loren Jacula on winning a brand new $35,293 2014 Nissan Titan on April 9th!×
Congratulations to Jean Boudreau on winning a $29,321 2012 F-150 on April 10th!×
Congratulations to Jim Beaubien on winning a brand new $48,454 2014 Infiniti Q50 on April 11th!×
Congratulations to Ryan Moffat on winning a brand new $29,790 2014 Ram 1500 on April 12th!×
Congratulations to Alvin Chua on winning a brand new $46,993 2014 Pathfinder Platinum P on April 13th!×
Congratulations to Muriel Rumbolt on winning a brand new $32,010 2014 Ford Escape on April 14th!×
Congratulations to Todd Tremblay on winning a $29,155 2010 AUDI A4 on April 15th!×
Congratulations to Stephanie Biggar on winning a brand new $28,997 2014 HYUNDAI TUCSON on April 16th!×
Congratulations to Wendell Gray on winning a $14,680 2010 Dodge Journey on April 17th!×
Congratulations to Allister Kippen on winning a $25,485 2014 Jetta TDI on April 18th!×
Congratulations to Dana Driver on winning a $26,041 2014 Hyundai Tucson on April 19th!×
Congratulations to Levent Cakmak on winning a $27,641 2013 F-150 on April 20th!×
Congratulations to Edward Corbett on winning a $16,995 2014 Dodge Avenger on April 21st!×
Congratulations to Albert Ethier on winning a $21,000 2014 Dodge Journey on April 22nd!×
Congratulations to Robert Hartman-Bondaruk on winning a $4,750 2006 Chev Optra on April 23rd!×
Congratulations to Micheal Stefanyk on winning a $30,207 2014 Golf Wagon TDI on April 24th!×
Congratulations to Dan Fernland on winning a $35,771 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on April 25th!×
Congratulations to Geoge and Pat Bales on winning a $75,631 2014 Fuzion RV on April 26th!×
Congratulations to Nisha Patel on winning a $19,000 2011 Volkswagen Jetta on April 27th!×
Congratulations to David Maldonado on winning a $14,900 2012 Volkswagen Jetta on April 28th!×
Congratulations to Zaheer Kanji on winning a $38,399 2013 Hyundai Genesis on April 29th!×
Congratulations to Lauren Kogan on winning a $21,343 2014 Nissan Juke on April 30th!×
Congratulations to Mark Molchanko on winning a $17,915 2013 Chrysler 200 on May 1st!×
Congratulations to Michelle Lavoie on winning a $40,000 2014 Nissan Pathfinder on May 2nd!×
Congratulations to Brianna Lawry on winning a $7,304 2005 Ford Focus on May 3rd!×
Congratulations to Cathy Lam on winning a $34,069 2014 SANTA FE on May 4th!×
Congratulations to Charles Stevens on winning a $34,199 2014 F150 SUPER CAB on May 5th!×
Congratulations to Michel Girard on winning a 2014 2014 Nissan Murano on May 6th!×
Congratulations to Aliw Paner on winning a $5,900 2007 Chevy Cobalt on May 7th!×
Congratulations to Lisa Halgren on winning a $60,110 2014 ACURA MDX TECH on May 8th!×
Go Auto Car a Day Giveaway contest rules and regulations
No purchase necessary
Open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Québec) who are of age of majority
Purchase or lease of select vehicles qualify for automatic entry
Contest sponsored and administered by Go Auto o/b Mike Priestner Automotive Group Ltd 10220 - 184 Street Edmonton, Alberta T5S 0B9
1. ENTRY PERIODS: The Car a Day Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) mail-in entry period begins on April 9th, 2014 at 12:00:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) and ends on May 8th, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. MT (the “Mail-in Entry Period”). The vehicle purchase entry period begins on April 9th, 2014 at the start of regular business hours at participating Go Auto dealerships in Canada (collectively, the “Participating Dealerships”) and ends at the close of regular business hours at Participating Dealerships on May 8th, 2014 (the “Vehicle Purchase Entry Period”) (collectively, Mail-in Entry Period and the Vehicle Purchase Entry Period shall be referred to as the “Entry Period”). For a list of Participating Dealerships see www.goauto.ca. Edmonton Jaguar Land Rover and Porsche Center of Edmonton are not participating in this Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all Canadian residents excluding residents of Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees, representatives or agents (and (i) their immediate family members and (ii) those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of Go Auto (the “Sponsor”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, dealers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). Immediate family member means spouses (including common law spouse), father, mother, son, daughter, brother and sister irrespective of whether they reside.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest, as follows: AUTOMATIC ENTRY WITH PURCHASE: An eligible entrant will automatically earn one (1) entry (the “Entry”) when he/she purchases or leases any personal vehicle (each, an “Eligible Vehicle”) from a Participating Dealership during a Vehicle Purchase Entry Period (each, an “Eligible Purchase”), subject to compliance with these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”), including, without limitation, the Entry limits. A vehicle is considered purchased once a down payment or deposit has been made and a bill of sale has been signed. Eligible Vehicles explicitly do not include any vehicle that is used for commercial purposes. Specific Vehicles that are excluded from the contest are Nissan GTR, Dodge Viper. If an eligible entrant purchases or leases more than one Eligible Vehicle during the Entry Period, only the first purchase or lease of an Eligible Vehicle during the Entry Period will qualify for an Entry. If an eligible entrant does not want to be automatically entered into the Contest following an Eligible Purchase, the eligible entrant can inform Go Auto’s Happy to Help Desk by phone at 1-780-777-7777 prior to the end of the applicable Vehicle Purchase Period. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries, Eligible Vehicles, Eligible Purchases and/or entrants.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To obtain one (1) Entry without completing an Eligible Purchase, print your first name, last name, telephone number, complete mailing address (including postal code), age and signature on a plain white piece of paper and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient postage) along with a 500 word or more unique and original essay in English stating why you love Go Auto to: Car a Day Giveaway Contest, 10220 – 184 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 0B9 (collectively, the “Request”). Upon receipt of your Request during the Mail-in Entry Period in accordance with these Rules, including, without limitation, the Entry limits provided below, you will receive one (1) Entry. Requests received prior to the commencement of the Mail-in Entry Period will be counted as having been received on the first day of the Mail-in Entry Period. Requests received after the last day of the Mail-in Entry Period will be discarded. To be eligible, each Request must: (i) be received separately in an envelope bearing sufficient postage (i.e. mass mail-in Requests in the same envelope will be void) or hand delivered; and (ii) be received by no later than May 8th, 2014; Your Request will be time-stamped based on when it is received by the Sponsor (i.e. not when it is post-marked). The Released Parties (defined below) take no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed Requests (all of which are void).
4. ENTRY LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Entry Period, regardless of the method of entry. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry during the Entry Period; and/or (ii) use multiple names and/or identities to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
5. VERIFICATION: All Entries, Requests, Eligible Purchases and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an Entry, Request and/or Eligible Purchase for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules.
Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry, Request and Eligible Purchase in this Contest will be the Sponsor’s clock.
6. THE PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be a maximum of thirty (30) prizes (each, a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) available to be won. In the event of a confirmed winner who has submitted his or her winning entry automatically with the purchase of an Eligible Vehicle, the applicable Prize consists of a cheque payable to the confirmed winner in the amount of the Eligible Vehicle’s selling price (inclusive of applicable fees and taxes, however excluding any charges for additional parts and/or accessories of the Eligible Vehicle associated with the confirmed winner’s Eligible Purchase. By way of example, if a confirmed winner purchased a 2013 Rio LX + (MT) in Bright Silver in the province of Alberta then his/her Prize will consist of a cheque payable in the amount of $17,184.00 (calculated as $15,395.00 (the selling price), plus the following applicable fees: Colour charge of $200.00, Delivery & Destination charge of $1,455.00 and taxes of $134.00) – (the “Eligible Purchase Value”). The approximate retail value of each Prize may therefore differ depending on the Eligible Purchase Value associated with the Eligible Purchase and Eligible Vehicle in question. Eligible Purchase Value does not include cost of borrowing or costs associated with negative trade equity for financing transactions, or any charges or costs not explicitly listed here. The maximum cheque payable for a New Vehicle that is won will be MSRP of the vehicle less all Rebates. The maximum cheque payable for a Used Vehicle will be the price listed on GoAuto.ca at the time of purchase. As a result, confirmed winners may not receive a Prize of the same exact amount that they paid at the dealership for the Eligible Vehicle. In the event of a confirmed winner who has earned his/her winning Entry by submitting a Request, the value of the applicable Prize will be drawn by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, from within the pool of Eligible Purchases made on the day on which the applicable Request was received (or, if no Eligible Purchases were made on that day, then the pool from next prior day on which there were Eligible Purchases will be used), and consists of a cheque payable to the confirmed winner in the amount of the Eligible Purchase Value of the Eligible Purchase drawn as described above and will vary depending on the Eligible Purchase Value of the Eligible Purchase drawn to determine the Prize value. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or assignable (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute any Prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
7. WINNER SELECTION (ONE WINNER PER DAY FOR 30 DAYS) AND ODDS OF WINNING: On each day, beginning on April 10th, 2014 and ending on May 9th, 2014 (each a “Draw Date”), in Edmonton, AB at approximately 10:00am MT, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw (each, a “Draw”) from among all eligible Entries submitted and received on the previous day in accordance with these Rules and not otherwise disqualified by the Sponsor. Entries that are not selected will not be included in Draws (if any) on subsequent dates. There will be no draws on Sunday and entries eligible on Saturdays will be drawn on Monday. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received on the day before the applicable Draw Date in accordance with these Rules..
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: On each Draw Date, the Sponsor or its designated representative will make two (2) attempts to contact the entrant selected on the applicable Draw Date by telephone (using the information provided at the time of entry) within the 24 hours immediately following the applicable Draw. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted as indicated above; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries in the applicable Draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant, with the necessary amendments).
9. WINNER CONFIRMATION:BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, each selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within forty-eight (48) hours of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms eligibility and compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; (iv) agrees to have his/her photo and/or video taken with the Eligible Vehicle that corresponds to the applicable Prize (each a “Photo and Video”) on a date and time and at a location specified by the Sponsor (in consultation with the selected entrant); (v) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or Photo and Video or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity, promotion or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet; and (vi) verifies his or her identity as the entrant to the sole satisfaction of the Sponsor. If a selected entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); and/or (e) fails to verify his or her identity as the entrant to the sole satisfaction of the Sponsor; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries in the applicable Draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant, with the necessary amendments).
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entries, including Requests, become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. By participating in this Contest, you are agreeing to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. ANYONE DETERMINED TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Released Parties will not be liable for the failure of any Entry, Request, Eligible Purchase or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason, including weather, mail delivery disruption or unavailability, telephone service disruption or unavailability, strikes, lockouts, or any labour dispute at a Participating Dealership or other organization or business. Each confirmed prize winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any taxes, if applicable, relating to the receipt of a Prize.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, problem, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, failure or any other cause that interferes with the proper conduct or administration of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, is required to preserve the integrity of the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
Without limiting the permissions to be granted to the Sponsor pursuant to paragraph 9 of these Rules, by entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted for the purpose of administering the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right and, otherwise, without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, Entry, Request and/or Eligible Purchase with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited, to point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.